The 2023 ART NYC Residency will offer residencies to artists and creative practitioners, currently in need of studio space to support their practice, who are interested in a short-term residency experience focused on experimentation, ongoing development, and being in dialogue with fellow residents. ART NYC welcomes applications from artists whose practice is self-directed and process-based and would benefit from the unique resource of the ART NYC at Long Island serving as an incubator for research and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Session One: Feb 16 - Mar 1 2023
Residency participants will be provided the following basic amenities:
- Access to free, temporary, work space
- Semi-private open floor plan studios - approximately 450 square feet
- Basic work tables and chairs
- Basic overhead lighting
- Heat & A/C
In addition, all residency participants will be offered:
- Opportunities for professional development, group sharing and peer critique
- Opportunities to share work in-person with the public during ART NYC’s 2023 Public Season at scheduled Open Studios moments
- Access to ART NYC’s publicity and marketing efforts via its website, e-blasts, and social media channels
- There is NO stipend offered as part of the opportunity
- Studios facilities do not offer access to medium- or technique-specific amenities such as a woodshop, print or media lab, or a large rehearsal space
- Artists must provide and transport their own supplies and tools; restrictions apply
- Participants will be required to observe mandatory COVID-19 health and safety guidelines
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- A practicing, mid-career artist and/or creative practitioner as demonstrated by a sustained commitment to their work, career, and a public audience;
- International artists who works independently or as a small collective (no more than 3);
- 21 years of age or older;
- Must not have been supported by an ART NYC residency program in the last six (6) months;
- Must not be scheduled to participate in another residency during the residency time frame offered; and must not have existing studio space
In this year, application is closed.
We will post the next session on our website.
If you want to here from us Please subscribe.