Predicting next year's trends in the art world this year
The 2022 art trend announced by Artsy and the most sold works are the most expensive!!
The trends in the art world in 2022 can be divided into five categories:
- 2022 brought new hopes, confusion, disappointment, and everything to the art market with the rise and fall of NFT.
- Another trend was themed and purposeful exhibitions and collecting. Support and interest in underprivileged people such as women, LGBTQ, minorities, and writers from countries that suffered war damage stood out.
- Until 2021, the popularity of the original works was high. Still, this year, the performance of abstract artworks has been outstanding, and this trend is expected to continue for the time being.
- A large number of works by surrealist artists appeared. One peculiarity was that as the exhibition expanded from Metropolitan to Tate Modern, the rediscovery of famous artists who represented ultra-realism, such as René Magritte, but who did not stand out somewhat, stood out.
5. Young artists in their 40s and younger rose to prominence.
<Best Popular Workin 2022>
1. Andy Warhol
2. Damian Hurst
4. Takashi Murakami
6. Jordan Kerwick
7. Ayako Rokkaku
8. Tuji Adeniyi-Jones
9. JJ Manford
10. Antonia Showering
<The most expensive artworks 2022>
1. Andy Warhol, Shot Sage Blue Marilyn, 1964 $195,040,000
2. Georges Seurat, Les Poseuses, Ensemble (Petite version), 1888. $149,240,000
3. Paul Cézanne, La Montagne Sainte-Victoire, 1888 — 90. $137,790,00
4. Vincent van Gogh, Verger avec cyprès, 1888. $117,180,000
5. Paul Gauguin, Maternité II, 1899. $105,730,000
6. Gustav Klimt, Birch Forest, 1903. $104,585,000
7. Lucian Freud, Large Interior, W11 (after Watteau), 1981 — 83. $86,265,000
8. Andy Warhol, White Disaster [White Car Crash 19 Times], 1963. $85,350,500
9. Jean-Michel Basquiat, Untitled, 1982. $85,000,000
10. René Magritte, Empire of Light (L’empire des lumières), 1961. $79,243,069